3-Day Knowledge Management Course
November 29 - November 30
Why choose this course
This course is relevant for professionals engaged in information and knowledge management, change management, project and programme planning, M&E and learning, communications and organisational development. No prior Knowledge Management experience is needed.
Find out how your organisation can learn from its people and its experiences to become more innovative, responsive and strategic:
- Development of Knowledge Information System.
- Develop a culture that harnesses the know-how and experience of your people.
- Make knowledge accessible to everyone who needs it, by building knowledge sharing (KS) into everyday operations through system development
- Use knowledge management (KM) to achieve and support your strategic objectives. Innovative, responsive and strategic:
What you will learn
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case study examples you will learn how to:
- Advocate for effective knowledge sharing
- Foster an enabling environment within your own organisation that encourages knowledge sharing
- Conduct a knowledge management assessment of your organization
- Apply knowledge sharing tools and techniques in practice
- Develop a knowledge management strategy to institutionalise KM practices within your organization case study examples you will learn how to:
Daily Course Objectives
Subject to change to reflect participants’ needs.
Day 1: Fundamentals
- Understand the fundamentals and key concepts of knowledge management
- How to make a case for knowledge management
- How to make a case for knowledge management Fundamentals
- Explore the role of KM in an organisation
- Identify where KM is situated in your organisation
- Establish a framework and components for developing your knowledge management strategy throughout the course.
- Understand the cultural and behavioural elements of knowledge management
- Develop Knowledge Management Structure for MIS
- Deploy and Test Knowledge Information Management MIS System of NGOs Programmes.
- Explore how to develop a conducive environment for knowledge sharing and overcoming challenges
- Learn how to make the best use of organisational assessments. Understanding context and taking stock examine supply and demand for knowledge
- Capture and generate meaningful lessons learned
- Recognise and maximise learning opportunities in the project cycle
- Pool good practice examples. Actively learning from feedback loops
- Explore and apply knowledge sharing techniques and processes
- Share current examples of ICT and social media
- Identify and work with knowledge champions. Pure KM tools and supporting practices
- Validate components of your KM strategy with peer support
- Share insights for overcoming challenges and recognising success in KM in your organisation. Knowledge management strategy
- Develop steps for a knowledge management strategy
USD 350 for Professional
Special Discount for Groups and Students
Waqqas Ali, Senior Result-based Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, Team Leader
He has more than 15 years of international experience from Europe, Africa and Asia for Islamic Relief, UNDP, WFP, OCHA, Care International, Welthungerhilfe and Cesvi INGOs. He has worked with Results Based Management one way or the other continuously since 2014 starting as planning and monitoring advisor in UNDP and subsequently working as a trainer and consultant establishing RBM systems in a long range of programmes and sectors both in the Turkey as well as in UK. He has extensive experience as trainer using a wide variety mixed learning tools, training managers and employees in ministries, municipalities, universities, International NGOs and the private sector in project management, participatory planning and monitoring, Theory of Change, Logical Framework on RBM approach, stakeholder analysis, RBM as a concept etc. Additionally, he is part of Humanitarian Development Academy UK as trainer and course coordinator. Since 2017, he served as consultant for the International Institute of Peace and Development Studies Bangkok, Thailand for International training of trainers on Result Based Management Monitoring and Evaluation.