- This event has passed.
Australia Awards John Allwright Fellowship 2021
June 29 - June 30
Applications are welcome from participants in both bilateral and multilateral (IARC) project. Applicants must be working with an ACIAR project in a current partner developing country.
Applicants must be citizens of the country in which they are working.
To be eligible for selection, a candidate must:
- at the time of applying, hold qualifications that would be assessed to be equivalent to at least an Australian bachelor’s degree in a discipline that is relevant to the proposed area of postgraduate study;
- be a scientist or economist from the developing country partner, who is actively involved in a collaborative research project supported by ACIAR at the time of application (in some cases, ACIAR will consider supporting researchers from “advanced pipeline” projects, i.e. in cases where a full project proposal has been approved by ACIAR);
- be jointly supported in the application by the Australian and partner country Project Leaders;
- obtain approval from the employing institution who must agree to the absence of the candidate should he/she receive a Fellowship for the period involved in obtaining the postgraduate qualification; and
- demonstrate that he/she is employed on a permanent rather than short-term contract basis.
Within the Fellowship Scheme, ACIAR strives to meet the Australian government policy on gender equity, and reflect ACIAR’s training policies and strategies.
There is one call for nominations per year. In view of the impact of COVID-19, DFAT has reviewed the current schedule for the 2021 Intake of Australia Awards Scholarships applications and advises that the closing date for the submission of the 2021 intake application deadline will be extended from 30 April 2020 to 30 June 2020.
An offer of an award is only valid for the Australian academic year following the calendar year in which the offer is made.
It is important that Project Leaders check the eligibility of proposed candidates before application, including the selection criteria used by the Committee in the competitive process. Any queries may be directed to the appropriate Research Program Manager or the Project Officer, Capacity Building: Fellowships@aciar.gov.au.
For further information please read the Australia Awards John Allwright Fellowship guidelines below.