- This event has passed.
CALL FOR PAPERS | Submissions are invited for the 4th Conference of Human Rights at the University of Jember, East Java, 13-15 October 2019
13 October, 2019 - 15 October, 2019
Registration: 26 April 2019
The conference provides a platform for academics, human rights activists and practitioners to explore current human rights issues in Southeast Asia.
Participants are encouraged to submit abstracts which address any aspect of this broad theme drawing upon their particular field of study and their national, regional, or comparative experience. The focus of accepted papers will include, but will not be limited to:
- Academic freedom and freedom of expression;
- Authoritarianism, democracy and human rights;
- Disability, development and human rights;
- Gender and human rights;
- Human rights protection for migrant workers;
- Individualism vs collectivism/communalism;
- Peace and transitional justice;
- Politics of constitutionalism and human rights;
- Refugees and human security;
- Regional mechanisms for human rights promotion;
- Religious intolerance and the rights of minorities;
- Terrorism, fundamentalism, and human rights; and
- The challenge of mainstreaming human rights.
Submissions close 26 April 2019.
Find out more and submit your paper here: https://goo.gl/vSPgsH