- This event has passed.
Guangxi Government Scholarship for ASEAN Students 2020
March 9 - March 10
Guangxi Government Scholarship for ASEAN Students was established by the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in 2010 for the purpose to fund the students and research scholars from ASEAN Countries who intend to study or make scientific research in the institutions of higher learning of Guangxi, and to increase and develop international exchanges and cooperation between Guangxi and ASEAN countries in education.
The scholarship is devided into two categories: full scholarship and outstanding student award.
- Full Scholarship: The full scholarship is designed for the students from ASEAN countries who are to study in the universities of Guangxi for bachelor’s， master’s or Phd degree. Recipients of the scholarship will enjoy exemption of such fees as for registration, tuition, textbooks and other teaching materials, accommodation, and insurance for diseases and accidents. In addition, they will also get living expense by month.
- Outstanding Student Award: The outstanding student award is given to the self-funded students from ASEAN countries who will receive their education in the universities of Guangxi for one year or longer, and is excellent both in moral character and study.
Requirements for Applicants
- Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree: applicants should have graduated from a senior high school and keep an outstanding academic record and aged below 25 years old.
- Scholarship for Master’s Degree: applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, and an outstanding academic record. They must be recommended by two professors or associate professors, and aged under 35.
- Scholarship for PhD Degree: applicants should have a Master’s degree, and an outstanding academic record. They must be recommended by two professors or associate professors, and aged under 40.
Besides the requirements above, applicants should also have a level of proficiency in Chinese needed for taking classes. For those whose Chinese does not meet the needs, they will be arranged to study in the Chinese language program for as long as one school year. All applicants must abide by the Chinese laws, regulations and rules of the univerities and be in a good health condition.
When to Apply
Application must be made from March through June each year. The deadline for a full scholarship application is 30th June, and for outstanding students award, the deadline is 10th March.