Impact eXL – YSEALI Regional Workshop in Bali
November 25 - November 26
YSEALI Impact eXL is an innovative YSEALI Regional Workshop providing professional development to existing entrepreneurs to improve environmental performance and for environmentalists to incorporate entrepreneurship and modern business practices to their activities. This training will introduce attendees to startup incubators in Bali and incorporate sustainable development, innovation, leadership, strategic philanthropy, and other topics to emphasize how entrepreneurs and businesses can improve their environmental performace. Building on the success of the 2018 YSEALI Impact XL (learn more here) that connected entrepreneurs to Myanmar’s startup ecosystem, the YSEALI Impact eXL held in Bali, Indonesia from March 24-28, 2019 is hosted by the U.S. Consulate General Surabaya with support from the U.S. State Department Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative and organized by the East-West Center.
- eXL-erate (accelerate) the growth of your enterprise*
- Learn different impact business models
- Learn about opportunities for securing investor funding
- Create business partnerships within new networks of ASEAN and U.S. entrepreneurs and environmentalists
- Become a more competitive applicant to ASEAN or U.S. accelerators
- Learn how to measure and improve environmental performance of your impact enterprise
- Receive mentorship
- Learn tools to strengthen team collaboration and performance
- Get behind-the-scenes access to Bali’s startup ecosystem
- Find out about fellowships, trainings, and awards to further your professional development
*enterprise includes businesses, organizations and established initiatives that have a revenue-generating aspect or angle
- Be a YSEALI member. Not a member yet? Join here
- Be a citizen of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Thailand or Vietnam
- Be between the ages of 18-35
- Be the founder or on the management team of an early to mid-stage impact enterprise
- Have a current enterprise with an environmental focus or an environmental initiative with revenue generation
- Be available for:
- pre-event online training (3 hours/week)
- March 24-28, 2019 event in Bali
- post-event implementation (1 year, time varies)
- The application deadline is 11:59pm Monday, November 26, 2018 (Central Indonesia Time WITA, GMT +8)
IMPORTANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Read the instructions for each item carefully before entering your information.
- The application software does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is important that you sign out from your application account especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit your application after submitting, make sure to review your application before submitting. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or Submissions).
- If, after submission, you need to change something in your application, contact the YSEALI team at YSEALI@EastWestCenter.org