- This event has passed.
[Job Opportunity] Communications Assistant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Employment type: Full time, fixed term for 2 years with a possibility of extension
Deadline: 24 January 2021
The Communications Assistant (CA) will support external outreach and profile-building of the SEI Asia Centre, Centre Director and Research Clusters. The CA will support communications for key activities of the Centre using social media, presentations, photography, and short films among others.
The CA will provide communications support for SEI Asia’s flagship programme SUMERNET, including website management, multimedia content, webinar production and social media management. They will be required to translate selected English language content into Thai language.
The CA will support outreach and other activities relating to the partnership between SEI Asia and our host Chulalongkorn University. They will support the communications team in liaising with Thai vendors, Thai media and our partners and groups in Thailand.
In addition to the key responsibilities described above, this person will support the communications unit to ensure our research is informing relevant audiences.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide communications support for Centre, CD and Cluster communications to ensure continuous and consistent efforts for enhancing profile and visibility, in line with the SEI Asia strategy
- Support content dissemination in Thai of key SEI research, activities and achievements, with special focus on outreach of the SUMERNET programme
- Provide documentation support in key workshops, conferences, meetings and other relevant events
- Assist in liaising with external audiences including policy makers, academia, media, civil society in Thai
- Support maintenance and management of the SEI Asia Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform
Who you are
We are looking for a person who is fluent in spoken and written Thai with hands-on experience of outreach work including web posting and social media and are able to make short videos and podcasts. You have experience of planning and coordinating information as well as creating outreach materials for event support and display booths, for example. Experience in Microsoft Office is required; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and any video/audio editing programs is desirable.
As a person you are a strong team player, service-minded and interested in supporting others. You are inspired by and can engage a broader audience in the areas of environment and development. You are familiar with environmental issues in the Asian region and able to support outreach of our scientific research to relevant audiences in Thai.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree with at least two years of work experience (or Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of work experience) in the field of communications, social sciences communications, public relations (or related disciplines)
- Good familiarity with communication technologies, web posting skills and use of social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Familiarity with editing video and audio for short films and podcasts
- Demonstrated planning- and coordinating skills for supporting events, meeting preparations and display booths
- Familiarity with media audiences especially in Thailand
- You must be a Thai speaker with a good command of the English language, and able to disseminate content in both languages
Ideally the candidate will also bring:
- Strong ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage a diverse range of tasks and activities and keep deadlines
- Able to work well both independently and within a variety of teams, contexts and cultures, and comfortable working in international and cross-cultural environments
How to apply
SEI ASIA is an equal opportunity employer and we consider all applicants on the basis of qualifications and competencies regardless but not limited to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability and marital status. We are committed to ensuring diversity and equality within our organization and applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 24 January, 23:59 Bangkok.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter.
In your application, please include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae.
Use the Apply now button below to submit your application. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Visit website
Inquiries concerning the content of the position can be directed to: Rajesh Daniel, Communications Coordinator, Asia Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries concerning the recruitment process can be directed to: Chinnarat Buttho, Human Resources Specialist (email@example.com). Please note that we only accept applications submitted online. No applications sent by email will be accepted