Leading From The South
Leading from the South is a programme resourced by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It supports activism devised, implemented, and led by women’s rights organisations in the Global South. The fund is being implemented by four women’s funds in the Global South, of which Women’s Fund Asia is the implementing fund in the Asia region.
Women’s rights organisations in 18 countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for this programme under three grant categories. The categories are based on organisations’ size and scope of work.
- Frontline Defenders grants (small-size grants) are directed to organisations working at the community and sub-national levels as the front line of defence against rights violations, and mobilisers of women’s and trans* people’s movements.
- Amplifying Voices grants (medium-sized grants) are directed to national and sub-regional organisations and networks working on policy advocacy with key stakeholders and states, as well as campaigns on women’s and trans* people’s human rights.
- Promoting Regional Feminist Agenda Grants (large-size grants) are directed to cross national, sub-regional, and regional groups and networks undertaking capacity, knowledge, and leadership building and advocacy for state accountability to advance women’s and trans* rights.
WFA has opened its 2018 Call for Proposals from 1 October through 15 November 2018. Please download the application files below. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the appropriate subject line: “Frontline Defenders grant application,” “Amplifying Voices grant application,” or “Promoting Regional Feminist Agendas grant application.” If you have any questions, please contact us at the same email.
- Call for Proposals – submission guidelines (PDF)
- Proposal format: Frontline Defender (DOC)
- Proposal format: Amplifying Voices and Promoting Regional Feminist Agendas (DOC)
- Budget Format (XLS)