Malaysian Government Scholarship for international Students 2021
Malaysian Government Scholarship 2021 is now open for applications from international students of ASEAN countries and the deadline to apply for the Malaysian Government Scholarship is March 15th, 2021.
The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support the Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate, and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at the postgraduate level.
Malaysian Government Scholarship Coverage
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
- Malaysian scholarship is limited to tuition feesand monthly living allowance; RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be providedby the Government of Malaysia.
How to apply for the Malaysian Government Scholarship?
- The application can be made via https://biasiswa.moe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
- All documents below are COMPULSORY and to be uploaded via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree program must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Endorsement form;
- Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Malaysian Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must COMPLY with the following criteria:
- Not more than 40 and 45 yearsof age for Master and Ph.D.
- For the Master’s degree, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours)or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at a Bachelor Degree.
- For D.applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good results at a Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended Ph.D. study.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS(total 5); or TOEFL (paper-based test with a minimum total score of 580 or computer-based test with a minimum total score of 230 or internet-based test with a minimum total score of 92); or
- Applicants obtaining degrees with English as a medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- A written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 wordsthat is relevant to the field of studies.
List of Courses Offered by Malaysian Government Scholarship
The priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Science and Engineering
- Infrastructure and Utility
Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above.
List of Universities offering Malaysian Government Scholarship
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)