Obama Foundation Leaders Asia-Pacific
December 9 - December 10
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia Pacific Program is a one-year leadership development and civic engagement program that seeks to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across the Asia-Pacific region.
At the beginning of the year, we invited a group of 21 emerging leaders from 16 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific for a hands-on workshop in Hawaiʻi. Together, we explored how to design the future Leaders program in the region. Incorporating their input, passion, and drive, the context-specific and engaging leadership program is now accepting applications!
We’re looking for emerging leaders living in the Asia-Pacific region from a diverse mix of experiences and backgrounds to join the 21 leaders who helped design the year-long leadership program. Are you committed to advancing the common good in your community? Do you have a demonstrated potential for impact? Are you committed to leading with integrity and making values-based decisions? This program might be for you!
In order to be a successful applicant, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country in the Asia-Pacific region OR an American citizen/permanent resident in Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, or the Marshall Islands.
- You must currently reside in an eligible country or territory in the Asia-Pacific region.
- You must be 24-40 years old.
- You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- You must be able to attend an in-person convening from December 10-14, 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Based on your answers to the eligibility quiz, you may see some automatic responses that suggest that you apply for the Leaders program in a future year.
Obama Foundation Leaders are chosen through a competitive selection process. Positive results on this screening questionnaire are an indication that you meet the basic requirements to apply to the program, but do not indicate any judgment of the strength of your potential application or your likelihood to be chosen.