Open Call: ICT for Socioeconomic Empowerment
SPIDER Center issues an open call for organizations working with Socio Economic empowerment of marginalized groups that are interested in applying ICT to their work. SPIDER will team you up with a technical organization to adapt, develop or make use of an existing ICT solution relevant to your work.
Eligibility of Applicants
SPIDER will grant funds to local civil society organizations that have identified a problem and are willing to apply ICT to solve it.
Selected organizations will be matched with an organization with technical expertise to adapt, develop or make use of an existing ICT solution to address the identified problem. For Southeast Asia, SPIDER will accept applications from organizations in Cambodia and Myanmar.
ICT achieving results
The technology used may be traditional and/or new, and may consist of a variety of hardware/software and will be developed in accordance with the principles for digital development, see Digitalprinciples.org.
Applicants must show previous results/envisioned results working with vulnerable groups in similar settings.
Financial allocation and project duration
A maximum of 100 000 SEK can be applied for per project. The duration of these projects will be short, they must end by 31 December 2020. All project funding will be audited and organizations should be prepared to provide transparent and detailed financial records to SPIDER.
All proposals need to adhere to Criteria for project partners
Rules for the open call
- Applications that exceed the page limit will be rejected.
- Concept notes not entirely filled out will be considered incomplete and rejected
- The application must be written in English
- Font should be Times New Roman (or equivalent), size 10 minimum
- SPIDER will not accept hand-written applications
- The deadline for submission of the application is Friday 7 August, midnight Central European Summer time
- Applications received after the deadline will be rejected
Send the concept note together with the organization’s proof of registration to email@example.com