- This event has passed.
Southeast Asia Mini Book and Craft Fair
March 18 @ 11:00 am - March 19 @ 7:00 pm
Once a month, SEA Junction holds a mini book and craft fair focusing on Southeast Asia. For the books, three kinds of books are available:
- New books given in consignment from recognized publishers with an interest in the countries of Southeast Asia including Silkworm Book and River Book from Thailand, ISEAS from Singapore and Yayasan Pustaka Obor from Indonesia. Special this month, we have many restocked books from NUS Press Singapore and literature books in Thai from Chomromdek.
- New and used books that are double to those of SEA Junction’s Library. They include books in Thai, English and Indonesian on various issues related to Southeast Asia and the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS).
- Few literature and development-related works from outside the region that have been donated to SEA Junction for the purpose of the fair.
There are also different types of crafts from Southeast Asian countries to enjoy and appreciate, for example:
- Newly stocked paper mâché dolls from Myanmar;
- Handmade bags and postcards from Thailand; and
- Puppets made from recycle papers, batik pencil case and fabric dolls from Indonesia
All profit from the books in consignment as well as from the donated books and crafts will contribute to SEA Junction’s functioning and activities.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/wa: +66970024140
SEA Junction, established under the Thai non-profit organization Foundation for Southeast Asia Studies (ForSEA), aims to foster understanding and appreciation of Southeast Asia in all its socio-cultural dimensions- from arts and lifestyles to economy and development. Conveniently located at Room 407-8 of the Bangkok Arts and Culture Center or BACC (across MBK, BTS National Stadium), SEA Junction facilitates public access to knowledge resources and exchanges among students, practitioners and Southeast Asia lovers. For more information see www.seajunction.org, join the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/1693058870976440/ and follow us on twitter and Instagram @seajunction