- This event has passed.
Visual Documentary Project: Call for Documentaries (Theme: Love)
31 August, 2020
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS), Kyoto University is calling for documentaries that deal with any issues or areas relating to LOVE in Southeast Asia.
The Visual Documentary Project aims to use visual forms of expression to compliment the growing academic literature that exists on Southeast Asian societies and help promote their rich cultures through the medium of documentaries.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic a physical screening will not be held in Japan. However, an international selection committee will select successful documentaries, and a screening will be held online.
- Applicants must be from Southeast Asia or Japan.
- Documentaries should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Applicants should make sure they have permission from any subjects that appear in the movies.
- Documentaries should include English subtitles. Translation and subtitling is also the responsibility of applicants. For documentaries selected for screening we require film (without subtitles) and subtitle data to be submitted by requested dates to meet translation embedding schedules.
*Selected documentaries will be screened in their original languages with both Japanese and English subtitles. However, documentaries that are in English will only have Japanese subtitles added and vice versa.
- Please upload online a copy of the production onto YouTube or Vimeo with subtitles in English. Applicants should also submit a CV by attachment. Apply via https://vdp.cseas.kyoto-u.ac.jp/online-application/
- The organizers will announce the finalist results in mid- October 2020.
- Selected documentaries will be uploaded to a website for public viewing.
Deadline: 31 August 2020
For any inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org