ASEASUK Projects and Grants
1 July, 2017 - 31 July, 2018
ASEASUK is offering bursaries to members to support research and impact activities in Southeast Asian Studies. The awards are available for travel and related expenses for activities taking place between 1 July 2017 to 31 July 2018.
Permissible activities include:
- fieldwork in SE Asia or key sites in the diaspora;
- research visits to important regional archives, museums, collections, exhibitions or performances (concerning but not necessarily located in SE Asia);
- a visit for collaborative writing or artistic practice with an academic or practitioner colleague from another institution in SE Asia;
- delivery of a paper at a regional academic conference;
- delivery of a paper to an academic or practitioner audience based on research previously conducted on/in the region.
- Three Postgraduate Bursaries (PhD, MPhil or MRes students), up to £1000 each
- One Early Career Award, up to £1500
- One Senior Award, up to £2500
Application deadline: 30 April 2017. Decisions will be made by ASEASUK’s Research Committee by 31 May 2017. The awards are open to all paid-up members of ASEASUK, based in the UK or elsewhere.