The Equity Initiative Fellowship 2022
September 29 - September 30
Applications are now being accepted for the 2022 Equity Initiative Fellowship Program. The online application is open until 12.00am ICT on 30 September 2021.
The Equity Initiative Fellowship, also known as the Atlantic Fellows for Health Equity in Southeast Asia (AFHESEA), is a fully funded award designed for working professionals from Southeast Asia and China. The Fellowship’s goal is to advance Fellows’ competency in leadership and health equity, and to inspire and deepen their commitment to advancing social justice in health.
The Equity Initiative Fellowship is a lifelong journey that begins with an inspiring and rigorous Induction Year, followed by a longer-term practice-based commitment to health equity through collective leadership for social change. The Fellowship program experience goes beyond traditional academic coursework, through various modalities of experiential, peer, and blended online learning organized around two themes: Health Equity and Leadership.
We have invited Fellows to join this program on the basis of their demonstrated commitment, dedication, and enthusiasm for leading change for health equity. Fellows are the transformative leaders who will work to reform policies and systems, tackle social determinants, and address health inequities within and beyond the health sector.
To apply for the Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Have a track record of demonstrated leadership and commitment to social justice
- Have a demonstrated record of experience and accomplishment related to health, social development, governance and law, environmental justice, or other relevant fields
- Have at least 5 years of professional working experience
- Be a resident citizen of one of the Southeast Asian countries or China
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
The selection criteria include the following:
- A diverse mix of applicants from a wide range of professional sectors
- Professional capabilities in health, social development, or related fields
- Capacity to participate fully in the fellowship activities on specific dates with the support of current employer or home institution if applicable
- Achieve a mix and balance of Fellows for optimal multi-national and multi-sectoral peer learning
See more information and apply here.