- This event has passed.
Post-Doctoral Fellow/Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow (3 year-contract, renewable)
March 16 - August 1
The Centre on Asia and Globalisation (CAG), at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, invites applications for TWO Research Fellowships in the fields of:
- International Relations, with a focus on Southeast Asia
- International Politics of Technology
The Lee Kuan Yew School is a leading school of public policy with an international faculty and student body. CAG was established in 2006 to provide accurate, independent, and high-quality analysis on issues of regional and global significance for academia, decision-makers, commentators, and the general public. Its current research agenda focuses on the prospects of regional and global order; the future of economic globalisation/de-globalisation and their impact on Asia; the alignment postures of Southeast Asia in an era of superpower competition; and the impact of technology and artificial intelligence on international politics (https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/cag).
The candidate will conduct independent, in-depth, and publishable research on issues in his/her expertise and contribute to the Centre’s agenda on:
- The international relations of Southeast Asia OR
- The international politics of technology, including but not limited to the geopolitics of technological competition, techno-nationalism, and the strategic implications of emerging technology. The preferred regional area of focus is Asia (Northeast, Southeast Asia, and South Asia).
S/he is expected to initiate and organize research projects, workshops, conferences, and other research events. S/he should be able to reach out to publishers and actively engage with academia, policy practitioners, and media and business leaders, as well as apply for external grants. In addition, s/he is expected to play a role in coordinating with other researchers and contribute to the broader intellectual life of the centre.
- A Ph.D. degree in the social sciences with preference for Political Science/International Relations
- Expertise in the International Relations of Asia with a focus on Southeast Asia OR
- Expertise in the political economy, geopolitical, or security aspects of technology
- An ability to engage with policy and research communities in Singapore, Asia, and around the world
- A strong and demonstrated sense of academic independence and collegiality
- A willingness to engage in interdisciplinary interactions at the School
- Internationally competitive salary, 3-year renewable contract
- Housing benefit, travel assistance, and transit accommodation, subject to NUS eligibility criteria
- Highly collegial working environment with an internationally diverse group of scholars
- Excellent research support provided by CAG, the LKY School and the University
Applicants should submit the following in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file):
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of research expertise and its relevance to CAG’s existing research interests
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of Academic certificates and transcripts
- wo samples of academic publications
- Three letters of reference (mail to email@example.com)
- Joining date: August 1, 2023 (preferred, but negotiable)
- Application deadline: Open until filled
Please send electronic submissions to Ms. Serene Teang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can read detail information here